Sunday, March 26, 2023

 Easter 2023

I tried to write about you
since Easter's on the way
but it wouldn't happen
although I tried all day. 

It's just so far beyond me
the choices that you made
I would have been so out of there
so fast hiding some way. 

A prayer for our present time
the spikes are still out there
Roman soldiers still around
bankers selling air. 

Resurrection means a lot
so many going away

crucified so subtly
it's hard to even say.   

The prayer is for those we love
to go where You have gone
without the intense suffering

they always like to bring
just changing up the labels
iron to graphene. 

Perhaps I am still hiding
avoiding certain things. 

I just thought this time
maybe a different way.

Take Pontius and the bankers
somewhere for awhile
teach them a few manners
do it with a smile. 
 
Everyone should have a time
high above the ground 

if for just a moment
after a very short trial.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...