Wednesday, March 8, 2023

 




Golfing With My Guru

They say an ego's better gone
mine is starting to crack
little pieces coming off destroyed
with some real tough whacks.

The guru said get rid of it
and I said "I will try"
not realizing redundancy
can stop you for awhile. 

I cannot get rid of  "it"
a bullet can't destroy
itself while it is flying
on its way 

the riddle of mirrors. 

So I should ask for lightning
and a nice cigar
vodka is my poison
I used to hit it hard. 

Once there was a businessman
with a set of clubs
had a moment to relax
at my exes' club. 

A big storm arrived when he
was putting the 12th green
so he huddled under a tree
where they found him

still smoking. 

I asked my guru should I play
golf and make amends
with my ex a lovely girl
maybe we could be friends?

He looked at me and smiled awhile
finally starting to laugh
rolled himself
right down from there
hilarious til the end. 

This is why I need a master
someone sees through me
a little ego center trying
to tee eternity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...