Sunday, March 5, 2023

  

Denial and Omaha

When I was a boy sixty years ago I once read a short story about a place where aging was very quick.  Maybe a week.  Everyone got very old in a week.  Can't remember the title or author.  Wish I could find it somewhere. 


Someone said
they do mischief again
trying to help us depart
(with their little tricks)

snake venom and sticks
polymers and politics
anything to make us sick 
unelected lunatics. 

Personally I'm grateful
i can say these things
running into labels
denial in the air. 

Stronger than graphene
that's in the little wand
denial is the sinking ship
and many will hold on. 

Denial when I think of you
my child now aging fast.
It's all an evil fantasy
this rumor's dying fast. 

Denial when we keep in place
the demented one
seriously now lost in space
beyond comprehension. 

Denial when we watch the news
and discover lies
justifying those that help
us keep our family ties. 

Alright!  We want it!
Here we go. 
Life will get real short
maybe not a week or two
but a few years at most. 

Joy is going away from here
I've done my 70 years
in a prison planet
with depressive cheers. 

Denial is a weapon
keeps the bad guys here
putting down that gun en masse
would end misery and fear. 

This is the way I've chosen
while writing in this place
allowing self discovery
with support and grace. 

Not living to be eighty
is not a problem here
it's really for the children now
despair is in the air. 
 
Fight or flight does not
have to be a choice
flight is good and worthy
after a good fight. 

Denial is around us
enhanced by chemicals
I cannot keep outside of me
this ever leaking wall.     

Omaha's a beach in France
a special place to be
wounded but still loaded
for bear and history. 

Let us run together
bravely from the sea
while a few breaths linger
let's end this you and me.

Catch this wave with me dear one
hold my hand we go
while bullets whine with ridicule
we will be brightly born.   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...