Wednesday, March 8, 2023

 




Domino Goes To School

I was born a domino
part of a lovely game
seven dots and wonderment
seriously wanting to play.   

School was setting up the pieces
desks great subterfuge
pretending learning was the reason
lines always the rule. 

Teacher points the finger
my head asleep but straight
how long will I be able
to balance all this weight? 

All of this contagious
students in a grog
domino waiting for a pal
to point towards the ground. 

Such a lovely group of kids
David, Dick and Dawn
remembering telepathy
they drilled it out of us. 
 
Laurie was a charming girl
laughing and so free
I fell for her quite  suddenly   
toppled to my knees.

A domino on the path
fell in love at  eight
never said a word to her
balancing so straight. 

dreamed about us in a car
to our lovely home
no idea what we did there
maybe we learned to farm. 

Fast forward to a young adult
falling in love for real
knowing not much about it
no job no life no deal. 

Domino is out of luck
trying to balance his head
landing on the one he loves
sleeping on cheap carpet. 

ADHD comes and goes
not a happy scene
falling down among adults
beginning to see. 

Strength comes from falling down
not sitting like a fool
one good bash a bloody head
is worth 16 years of school. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...