Tuesday, March 7, 2023

  


 


Paper Boy

Be a boy with paper route
trying to get change
from the local residents
who seem sometimes insane. 

Here you are at six am
shoveling local news
inked preambles
big bad font
nothing you can use. 

Frank Sinatra married again
Mia Farrow's young
Ava Gardner gone away
I'm ten and don't care much. 

Frank's somewhere
asleep right now
I'm shivering in the cold
my customers are
anywhere except
here with the gold. 

Or silver coin at least you know
they haven't hidden those
replaced em with some
worthless bits. Where's my hat?
It really is too cold for this. 

The tires on this bike are fat
it's not a mountain bike
they don't have those
but hills still slope
and ice prepares the spot
where I will fall imagining
my bed and hot frosted pop tarts. 

Underestimating
work for change 
and huge jars full of it. 
 
Remembering efforts made
someday worth the trip 
and being just a little kid with
hope and silver tips. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...