Monday, March 6, 2023


 

Standing In Line



I was not born
to stand in line
in a row
or under eyes.

Anything
that jumps
about
up and down
with the
tongue out 

should probably
stand over there

while I shop
(a short affair). 

Cashiers are
the holy ones
giving me
my stuff.
 
standing 
all day
somehow
it's really
pretty rough.   

In between
the candy
and the
scanners 
poly screen
other things
masks
and asking
" you need  anything?". 

Customers with
viruses they say
are made in China   
along with
every other thing
including 
thoughts
and weather. 

And so I run
this lifetime out
hoping
not to see

lines of
Chinese soldiers
marching
to us
from the sea.

Boxcars loading
passengers
nothing left to wear.
Tightly standing
side by side
not even a chair. 

"Sir? Hello? 
your bags are ready."

and I am out the door
standing in line
is not a thing
happily endured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...