Tuesday, March 7, 2023

 

Puppies Born

Let's see me born
before the spring
it will be
hopping fun. 

I been a hope
a jeweled being
waiting for someone.

Father may I
be unscrewed
and join this
cub awhile? 

Furriest I been warm sleeping
here with my close friends
cozy showing how we be
wanting nourishment.

Demonstration  for him now
signing from somewhere
this is how it is with love
before we joined you here. 

Perhaps you don't remember
it's been awhile for sure
but with time and training
we know you can relearn. 

Sleeping puppies on the porch
morning comes along
birds soft songs and
screen door slapping

children here belong 
red cheek rubbing
tousled hair
jammies drag the floor
eyes reflecting sunriseness
and  wide open doors. 

In his heart lonely departs
Oh what is this
treaty? 

Maybe the hard
will disregard us
for a little while.
 
Remembering this day 
til I discover
where you've been.

All of us
in a great pile
with holy nourishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...