Monday, March 6, 2023

 




Great Jeans Somewhere in Time

A soft sound in the distance
something down the street
next a screen door slapping
screaming at my feet.

I so did see it coming
on this Christmas day
grandkids right on schedule
having something to say.

I've unlearned so many things
forgotten many more
one of them how to resist
pleadings of the adored.

Look at them they're beautiful
our DNA and more
but where is all the smiling charm
that got us through the door? 

Perhaps I have forgotten
how it used to be
when I was a college lad
and these three prehistory. 

There were many times I cried
when you passed away
now a sweet cacophony
reminds me that you stayed.

As they roll around in here
melodies on tour
reminding me remember this
great jeans left on the floor.   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...