Sunday, March 5, 2023


 

 Snake

 There was a snake lived in the back
cool and full of watchfulness  
lived in our barn not in the house   
he wasn't hurting anyone
and he needed a place to go like all 
god's creatures winding through the world 
couldn't have been too much fun 
he would sometimes sneak up on the mice 
out there which was just kind of nice  
bad luck with his life didn't turn out . . . 

We liked him really me and Evelyn
until they disappeared one night  
discovered he injected her  
with snake venom and other things
escaped md was on the lamb 
found us here stayed for a year 
avoiding his sentence.   

I call him snake because he was a
cobra venom carrying one 
unemployed and on the run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

  Let's Hang Let the good times roll as much as you can get this freakish trash out of my hair Covid came and got me this Christmas my m...